Note that my blog has moved to the real apacheLog
-
maybe visit it? ;-)

Sunday, February 26, 2006

The Linux Gaming Issue - Intro




As pronounced in my last post I'll now take a view at gaming on Linux.
Surely one of the most reviewed and most discussed topics in "normal" userspace websites. But because they aren't very good and somtimes too much focused on a special game or a special game genre, I started writing some kind of review which shall do it better.
It's actually finished as I'm writing this, but Max (classmate of /me) meant it might be too long so I'll post everyday a single episode and release the whole review on next saturday.

So let me start with the information that I'm not a pro gamer (I probably wouldn't have enough time to, at all), but I like to play games on the PC, and I actually prefer the PC over any console.
Who would have known, I like to do this in my native environment - Linux.
If it is possible and how well it is possible will be told in the next episode :-)

Btw, feel free to suggest stuff I should mention.

Next time in the geared apachelog: The Linux Gaming Issue - Impressions