Note that my blog has moved to the real apacheLog
-
maybe visit it? ;-)

Monday, January 02, 2006

oculus -> eye -> oKular




Today I took a look at oKular, and well, wow. That applications rocks, and this is the opinion of an amaroK freak so it might be even better than I tell ;-).
Yeah KPDF also rocks, but oKular is improving the neatness a lot. The download dialog for ebooks and other stuff looks really awesome and makes me once again feel the improvness of KDE. And I can already feel the gigantic file format support. I just love this application.

You can find it in trunk/playground/graphics, just in case you wanna try it.

After loving it for 3 or 4 minutes I showed some screenshots in #amarok (though there isn't that much you can show in difference to KPDF, yet) and the reaction was quite pleasant.
For example:

[oGALAXYo] apachelogger: those screenshots look awesome
...
[leinir] Wow... i want oKular!
...
[dangle] then kde4 is gonna blow your mind
...
[dangle] I'm gonna name my first child kde4

So, KPDF/oKular devs, if you read this, you guys rock!

..